Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Loooong Overdue Thanks

     I thanked Jill for my zombie doll back in the fall via email, but never got around to the public acknowledgement that we enjoy seeing so we can see all the cool things we made for each other.  My life has been insane with my husband in another state for six months, and many things fell to the wayside.  I have a big catch-up list.

     I was excited when my package arrived, I had a friend over, and while I had intended to delay opening it until I had finished the doll I was making for Jill, the only way to explain what this swap thing was was to open it and show her the goodies that awaited me.  This little guy is so cute, and meets my 5 yr-old son's approval.  He is allowed to live inside the house on my vanity.  My older boys oohed and aahed about the zombie car magnets, which I made clear were mine, and I can often find my cool flashing eye-ball among my little one's toys.

     The most amusing thing that I found though, was the like-mindedness between Jill and I.  Before I sent her doll, I thought this little boy and girl would enjoy a tea party in my tiny private garden.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the photo that Jill posted of the zombie girl with the zombie boy's twin brother! I had cut out a duplicate of the one I made, and recreating her is definitely on my catch-up list.

     Thanks again Jill for this precious zombie, and thank you so much Val for all the work that you do to maintain this little community.  It really does bring bright sunny moments to all my chaos, even if I did not get a chance to participate in a particular swap, or do the monthly craft-along.  I enjoy reading about what others do, or checking in on their own blogs.  It is truly inspirational




1 comment:

jillytacy said...

The zombie tea party is adorable!