Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February's Fairy & Friend

Look at all these wonderful goodies that Robin sent my way!!! Robin, you are SO generous with your creative giving! I was so amazed to find so many wonderful items in the box when it arrived yesterday.
There was my little fairy nestled in with her big green dragon friend, a mini eye-spy quilt for the boys (AWESOME!!), colored pencils, sharpeners, and a mini sticky note pad, a pair of Valentine knee highs (yay!), a fat quarter with hearts, two bead necklaces with medallions, and a little baggy with a strawberry pin and four felt cupcakes (I think).
Here's my sweet little fairy with her dashing green dragon pal. My toddler snatched him up pretty quick once I opened the box. You're right Robin, dragons and fairies DO go together...my mom lives by the same rule in her household. :) Thank you SO MUCH Robin, everything was fabulous!!

Here's what I sent to Robin. I took this pic before I found the chocolate covered Red Vines and Leavenworth postcards.
This month's challenge was to use glitter....here's how I used some gold glitter on Miss Yellow Fairy...
And for our fairy house, we haven't gotten around to building a NEW one, but here are a few existing ones in our backyard that we winterized by locating them at a higher elevation so they wouldn't get buried with snow through the winter (although, it hardly snowed and mostly rained this winter). The first two are actually Gnome Homes with little red and white mushrooms on some moss and the third being a fairy's honeymoon suite. This past month has been super rainy and extra muddy all over so I didn't want to take the kiddies out to build a new fairy house in it.

5 comments:

gin said...

what a great package.. that green dragon is so cute.

Chickens in the Basement said...

Very cool! This is so much fun!

Yarni Gras! said...

oh my! I love that fairy too! And you are right, Robin totally spoiled you!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Glad it made it to you safely and you guys like everything!

I thought one of your kids might grab the dragon pretty quickly. That's why he has safety eyes :)

Little Messy Missy said...

I like the idea of putting the fair house inside class jars or planters. Great package!