Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Quilt .....

Whew ..... talk about squeaking in, with not too much time to spare !!!!
I'm here to share this quilt that I made for my daughter .........
Now ..... I loved piecing the top ...... I loved sewing on the binding (that's like therapy to me) ...... BUT I hated doing the machine quilting !!! Too much bulkiness to fit through a little space ..... It drove me nuts !!!!
I'm happy with the result, and so is my daughter :-)


I used nine 16"x16" squares of different fabric. She loves tattoo art, and that was how I chose the center square of fabric. I used 21/2" sashes of black fabric between the rows.


I went for a plain black backing ..... it was the only fabric I could find that was wide enough, and didn't require me to have a joining seam somewhere in it. I love the red binding ..... matches the roses in that center block.
I just quilted it, by sewing 1/2" around the inside of each square, and then again 1/2" around the outside of each square.


Here she is, all wrapped up ...... must be a pretty serious text message she'd just received !!!!

So ladies ... how are your blankety creations coming along? Can't wait to see what you have to share :-)

3 comments:

jillytacy said...

Kerry,
Your quilt turned out beautifully!!

jillytacy said...

Kerry,
Your quilt turned out beautifully!!

Yarni Gras! said...

oh my gosh, I LOVE IT! That center block is AWESoME!!!!