Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Zombie Swap - what I sent and what I received

HI!!
  It's been awhile since I've done a swap, it feels good to be back crafting for Spring my swap partner. Besides the fact I like making zombie dolls. =]  ( I apologize for the awful photos).


  Starting with the guy in the middle, my original idea for this primitive zombie was to go as natural as possible with my craft supplies. It's head is a dried fuji apple from the tree in my backyard, I carved his face then shrank the apple by baking it on low for 4 hours and leaving it out in the unusual, unwanted, unloved, unrelenting hot hot sun for 2 days. The body is a neat looking tree root also from my back yard and the hair (which you can't really see) is a mohawk made from pine needles, not found in my backyard.
  The first doll is my simple dirt,paint,tea stained homage to junkerjane. The last photo is a group of plastic zombie figures that I found last Christmas(?) They needed a makeover so I painted them to give them a little more personality.





  I got my package from Spring today, I forgot to take a picture of the Pasturized Zombie Tonic bottle she sent, one of my zombies is sitting on it. Thanks Spring!!

TTFN,
Chris =]

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Great job Chris !!!
Such a cute little zombie, and I love those little plastic zombies :-)

Unknown said...

Yes thanks Chris! I love the little zombies, they sit on my desk at work! And the coffin is awesome! Sorry I am late letting you know, I have been so busy with school, work and nursing my mom back to health, that time has gotten away from me. But thank you so much! I love it all!