Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dear Little Deers

My partner has recieved her package, so I can share the ornaments I made for her with you.
They were totally out of my comfort zone, as neither used fabric or yarn ...... but this is what I've LOVED about this YOE Swap - we've been challenged to use different media, and as a result I've learned so much, and found other crafts that I really enjoy:-)

Now to put on my "Elf" thinking cap ..... these little creatures hold a special place in my heart. A tradition in our home is the arrival of 2 elves on December 1st (Gabby & Bart), they create much mischief and laughter every night, until they return to the North Pole with Santa on Christmas Eve. In the past we've woken in the morning to Gabby and Bart having marshmallow baths in the basin, we've found them stuck in jello in the fridge, swinging from the ceiling fan and stuck in the toilet paper they've used to TP our dining room!!!! Special memories for our family:-)
I hpoe every one has had a blessed Thanksgiving. We got to share the day with my hubby's best friend who is visiting from Australia ......... for this we are truely thankful:-)

2 comments:

val said...

I adore your reindeer! I can't wait to hear what mischief your 2 elves get into this year!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

You did a great job with your reindeer.

Your elves have been up to some mischief in the past. Can't wait to see what they get into this Christmas.