Wednesday, June 23, 2010

challenges.....

I finally got around to making a more permanent fairy house....It is in our front garden and it looks so cute...It is pretty much weather proof....The kids and I altered an old birdhouse....







We put it by the cherry tomatoes so the "fairy tales" (Andrews words, he is four) would have something red to eat if they were hungry....
I also made a clay pot toad abode and half sunk it in the new garden bed we just cleaned out....I did a lot of reading on the net about toads....It will be interesting to see if one finds it inviting and if we have any at all...Apparently you need to be somewhere close to water so they can lay their eggs and tadpoles can hatch....There is a pond next door but it is pretty gross, so we will see....When I saw Kerry's toad house with a little toad in it, I got all excited.....














Last of all, my husband and I made a bird bath out of a giant shell and a tree stump...The little birds love it... I haven't seen them in it, because I am not an early morning person. Don has though quite a bit....We went camping for two days and came home and it was dry....I guess he fills it every morning with clean water.....


8 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

Too cute!! Interesting about the toads....

Fadas de Luz said...

Seu trabalho é belíssimo. Adoro sua criatividade. O mundo mágico é mesmo maravilhoso.

Yarni Gras! said...

I just KNEW this was YOUR post! Wonderful!!!!
as for the toads....we put ours house by a leaky faucet....more of a shelter really, but they do use it while cooling off and to hide in to catch bugs....
we also placed it by a lighted area before with luck

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love the birdhouse turned fairy house! We always had a birdbath growing up but I never carried on that tradition. I know I would not remember to fill it with water each day.

momma rae said...

darling creations!! love the fairy house and the creative bird bath! ;)

Kerry said...

What a fantastic idea for a bird bath - so pretty.
I think I need to move into your fairy house ..... it os so quaint -my absolute favorite kind of house:-)

Unknown said...

no toad yet, but I am hoping!!!!

Something Special said...

That fairy house is really amazing.