Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A conversation with a gnome......

I didnt realize until tonight that there was a gnome challenge, so I ran upstairs and made one...What I didnt realize is that sometimes, enchanted things have a life of their own....I was humming a mindless little tune, trying to figure out how to sew a softie, (never tried it before)and all was well...I made a little green polka dot body and started on a head...I sewed on eyes and a nose and a nice beard...Had a little neck trouble but it came together....body? check....cute little pants? check...All of a sudden I hear a little froggy little voice...."give me some feet woman...I need me some feet"....Too surprised to do anything but answer, I said,"but gnomes dont have feet, they have statue thingies on the bottom...you know, cause they are statues."
"I don't care, I want me some feet so I can walk about." he practically screamed this in my face since I was holding him up close to my eyes so I could see where the voice was coming from... AHA, I knew I didnt make a mouth!....hmmmmmmmmm.
" I dont know how to make gnome feet so tough luck buster...I mean gnome.."
I swear I heard a snort, I really do...."well, you dont know how to make a decent pair of pants either, but that didnt stop your from subjecting me to them!" he replied with another snort..yep, this time I heard it for sure.
Now I would love to show you his pants, and his face without a mouth, but he is in a snit with his back to me....I really thought Gaylord was a nice name for a gnome....He'll get over it.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Leave him to sulk - he'll get over it:-)
Tell him, he's got a friend here in Texas, who has no legs or arms .... gosh, that sounds harsh!!! Mind you, he has no mouth or nose yet either ...... I'll get to rectifying that part today:-)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

My poor gnome has no arms or legs and he is just fine with it ;) You sure made a mouthy little bugger! You would think without a mouth he would be quieter!

Yarni Gras! said...

HA HA HA HA HA! Thanks for THAT!