Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gin, Jill, me and mermaids....


First of all, I got this lovely mermaid package from the amazing and talented Gin a while back! Things have been so hectic that I didnt get a picture until tonight. I have been lucky enough to swap with her during the last two years three times! She made me a beautiful mermaid handtowel that is hanging in my mermaid bathroom and she didnt even know I had a mermaid bathroom! Daniel, my grandson, has been staying with me the last three weeks and everytime he goes in the bathroom he says, "I know, dont dry my hands on the mermaid!" Hey, I know how much work this applique stuff is! She also glass etched a mermaid silhoette on an ornament. It looks so pretty on my little tree...She also knows I love ribbon and lace so I got some of that too! Thank you so much Gin, you are a sweetheart!
I am going to go ahead and post pictures of what I sent her. I am so late, I am ashamed of myself and to make up for it, I added something else. It went in the mail today and I am sorry Gin that is so late! Please forgive me.










Daniel made you a journal while I was sewing...Then we made some mermaid cards and a fish ornament and a sea star....












I also sewed you a mermaid ornament....She caused me all kinds of grief but in the end, I kinda like her.













And the extra? I made you a little quilted mug rug with a free motioned mermaid on it so you can have tea by the sea.... Thanks again for your patience!


A few weeks ago I also got a package from Jill...She sent me some lucky ladybugs to send me cheer!













I think they are wonderful! I also love this idea....She laminated a ladybug drawing and she said if you use double stick tape you can stick it to a can to make a pencil cup...I havent done one yet, but when I do, I am going to take it to work for my desk.......Thank you Jill for thinking of me!!!!

Happy Summer everyone......

3 comments:

gin said...

Melinda, I'm gonna love my package!

val said...

what a wonderful couple packages you got....I love our group. Everyone is so creative and puts a lot of time and effort into everything!

jillytacy said...

Great mermaid goodies! I used the same fabric on my mermaid dotee because it's perfect mermaid fabric but it was awful to sew. The machine tried to eat it and put holes in it.