Saturday, January 7, 2012

The three little pigs....

One of the things I liked to do best when I was a kid was dance, sing and boss all the other kids around. We lived right next to an old grade school that had a separate gym...The school was shut down and so was the gym but we found a way in anyway..Why? Because not only were there basketball hoops, the perfect floor to roller skate on and rings hanging from the ceiling, there was (big build up here) a stage.....The perfect place for the things I loved to do. So we would crawl under the old porch that was the front entrance and wiggle thru a hole and crawl up into the gym. One of the plays that we would put on was the Three little Pigs. I had this record by Disney....(if you are asking what a record is you are too young to read this, go away. lol)










I was always the director (bossiness showing) and the narrator because he (she) had the biggest part...The weird thing is, I still know all the songs and who says what. We had this little play down to perfection. We even had dance numbers where I would make my sister play a certain part of the record and then turn it off at the appropriate times...(bossy). I miss those days where all the world was a stage and stories were magic.

Another weird little pig note is when we were kids we always called link sausages "little Pigs"...













So for the record, is that a weird little family thing or has anyone else heard of that? Just wondering...

And last of all, in closing I bring you pig in boots, just cause he is so darn cute....











weeeeeeeeee.....

2 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Oh my goodness, that pig in the red boots is darling! Happy New Year to you and enjoy the weekend.

jillytacy said...

A pig in red rain boots is cute! I like your story about putting on the plays when you were a kid. I wonder if your siblings still know the songs? I bet they do!