Friday, March 24, 2023

Thank you Val!

 


Thank you Val! I love everything about this swap package :) The ornament is so fun and creepy. Blossom Butt Rusty is amazing. He reminded me of another spider in a different house... So here is a story for ya

I was living in Lancaster Pa in the historical part of the city in a 104 year old duplex. It was beautiful and fun and my mom and dad lived nearby. My daughter who was 3 at the time, had a big, black rubber spider and it was sitting in the middle of the living room. Toys in the middle of the room are pretty normal in my house, anyway, I took her and my baby to the store and then out to lunch. When we got home there was a phone book in the middle of the living room. I had no idea how it got there, fortunately, there was a note in the kitchen. 

My mom had come by to see us and let herself in. She saw a giant spider in the living room, grabbed the phonebook, "smashed" the spider, left a note and took off, terrified of the spider and the possible mess now on the living room carpet.

She though the spider was real. I laughed until I cried. I had to call her and let her know that it was a fake spider but also to let her know how impressed I was. She hates spiders but she still protected her baby and her grandbabies from the monster in the living room :) I still laugh about it today. 

I can't wait to plant the seeds. So much fun stuff here. thank you, thank you, thank you! 


This ornament is so cool! Look that that face and those lovely wings :) 

Info on blossom Butt Rusty :) 

As always, a great swap. Thank you Val for hosting and also for sending me a fun swap package :) You made my day.  

I hope to have my Pumpkin head doll completed this weekend :) Once done I will upload pictures here. 

Debbie 


2 comments:

Clare said...

Wonderful ornament. And a great story about the spider. LOL!

Yarni Gras! said...

Oh man that is a great story!!!! Glad you liked the mean little beastie, he was fun to make😊