Here in Texas it has turned REALLY cold!!! To still have snow on the ground in places, when the snow fell 4 days ago is very unusual.
Cold weather calls for soup ....... so dinner last night included soup:-)
I have a recipe for Creamy Butternut Soup, that I found many years ago when I was just married ...... it still rates as my all time favorite soup ...... creamy, yummy and easy.
Here's the recipe - why don't you give it a try!!!
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SOUP
- 40ml butter
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- Pinch of cumin
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2lbs butternut - peeled and cut into cubes
- 15ml lemon juice
- 125ml cream
- Melt butter, add chopped onions and saute until soft
- Add cumin, and cook while stirring continually for 30 sec
- Add butternut and chicken stock to pot
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 mins or until butternut is soft
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and cream
- Blend in a blender until soup is smooth
- Serve with crusty French Bread
Hope you're all having fun creating some snowy creations for our swap - I know I am!!!
Keep warm and keep crafting:-)