Monday, August 13, 2012

Let's Talk Halloween Delicacies ....

Our partners have been assigned, and now we can get down to some creating ...... I don't know about y'all, but I'm pretty excited about this swap !!!!
Browsing through our Halloween pictures from last year, I found those that involved food ........... Let's face it, Halloween is the only holiday that you can serve up the grossist of the gross, and get away with it :-)
So I thought I'd share them with everyone - none of them are difficult, but they certainly caused a few giggles and yuks from everyone.


First up ..... Brain juice with the victims icy skull floating in it !!!! This was a delicious cherry fruit punch. The skull mold was a Wilton one, that I found at Target - it worked like a charm. I actually went and bought 3 more of the molds after Halloween, when they were reduced to pennies. The ice melted pretty fast, so this year, I'll make a few extra molds and then just replace them once they melt.





This was so much fun ..... there were a few people who would not touch this chocolate cake. It was a regular chocolate cake that I baked and iced, and sprinkled with bone shaped sprinkles. The cockroaches are plastic bug toys, that I placed strategically :-)


Bones ..... meringue bones !!!! I whipped up a batch of meringue, and piped bone shapes onto a baking sheet and then baked them. Once cooked and cooled, I lightly dusted them with cocoa powder, to make them look like they were freshly dug up.

Let's see some of your Halloween yummies ....... a girl can never have too many Halloween ideas filed away.
Happy Creating Everyone.



3 comments:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Wow, you make the best halloween stuff! Every single one of these is amazing:D
I wish we had halloween here too...Oh well, we have Sinterklaas to make up for that;)

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

val said...

cackle, cackle....I gotta post mine too, what a great idea!

jillytacy said...

These are great ideas! As a matter of fact they look disgustingly good, just perfect for Halloween. I'm excited about this swap too!