Friday, October 23, 2009

"The Enchanted Forest" Ornament Swap(NOW CLOSED!)



"The Enchanted Forest Ornament Swap"


For this swap, you will be creating 1 holiday ornament or decoration for your secret swap partner. You will also include a little sweet treat for them.

Although you may use any medium, please remember that ornaments are generally small.
If you choose to make something larger, like a decoration, that is fine but please understand you may not get something like that in return.

Check with me if you have questions.

Gain inspiration from the natural world within a forest.
Things like owls, birds, hedgehogs, trees, flowers and sprites, pixies, elves, gnomes, acorns, mushrooms, toadstools, chipmunks........well, you get the picture, if not....see below for inspiration:










This swap is USA ONLY due to the quick ship date.

Sign ups are through October 31, 2009. If I get a huge turnout (doubt it) I may close the swap sooner.

I will assign partners immediately.
Deadline to ship out is November 21st, 2009 due to Thanksgiving.
Please do not join if you are over committed this holiday season.
It would be awful to leave a holiday swapper empty handed.


If you are interested, please email me at valpowery(aT)yahoo(dOt)com with the following info:

1. your name
2. your address and phone number
3. your blog address
4. your favorite holiday treat if you have one
5. list a few of your favorite forest inhabitants (unicorn, toadstool, fairy, acorn, gnome, etc...) this will give your partner something to choose from.
6. if you have a 'color' theme you decorate with during the holidays, please include that info
7. are you able to angel if needed?

As always, I am trying to keep expense low and let creativity run high!
That being said, expect to spend no more than $5-$10 on this swap before shipping.
I'm sure most artisans/crafters will have plenty of supplies in their 'stash' for this!

Please do your very BEST work...something you know your partner will cherish for years to come.

15 comments:

curegirl0421 said...

So in. Email has been dispatched!

momma rae said...

hey gal! this looks fun. did you make all the cuties in those pics? i especially want to know about those little gnomes...too cute! ;)

Ruhammie said...

YEAY! Sounds like fun! I emailed you AND blogged about it. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

did you have me in mind when you thought of this swap? it is SO ME!!! and I am SO taking part in it!
hugs,
Missy

Claireabelle said...

Sounds like a lotta fun!!!

Shame I dont live in the US
:o(

Beth said...

My dear sister(missy@fairychildheirlooms) just sent me this link, if she's doing it I have to! I would be too jealous! What a darling idea for a swap, and right up my alley!!

Unknown said...

Ok, me too!!!! I will send you an email......Melinda

gin said...

Me too. This is cute.

Summer Rae said...

Just stumbled on your blog, and I am so in! I am sending the email now. Thanks for hosting this swap!

Chickens in the Basement said...

My first swap! Thanks for the referral Jenny! I'll be sending my details momentarily!

The Queen of Clearance said...

Im in!

jen said...

OH I am So in! this will be a blast~ Thanks for hosting such a fun swap! It will be my first.

Niki said...

Me too, Me too! Gonna be too much fun! Yay! XOXO

Leslie said...

I'm in...sending you an email now. Leslie

Suzie Button said...

It's now 10:30 on October 31st, but hopefully I'm still on time to sign up! I already know what ornament I'll make! Suzie purrpage3[at]verizon[dot]net.