Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January's Activity - Ornament for the Birds




Not only is this month's activity for the birds..pun intended!!.. but it is also a way for me to use something that would've ended up in the garbage.. you see I purchased a box of popcorn balls for our Halloween celebration here at home.. not only were they not very good, but there were waaaay too many.  They are individually packaged by the way.  So they have been in my pantry forgotten.  I got to thinking about what I would do for this month's activity and it reminded me about those poor, stale popcorn balls in my pantry.. so I decided to upcycle those popcorn balls into bird food!! I tied yarn around them and hung them in the trees in the backyard.  It's cold here, and I haven't seen too many birds, but I hope to see them soon pecking away at these treats.  I still have several more that I will tie up and hang around all the trees in the yard - and high enough that my goofy outside dog won't eat them instead ;-)

Courtney Prudhomme

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a great idea! I know the birds will love them! Or you just might see a squirrel pulling them up buy the string to nibble on! :0)

Yarni Gras! said...

what a great idea! I just took a TON of stale pretzels to some birds too......but the popcorn balls are WAYYYY cuter!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great idea! I'm just picturing a dog jumping up and grabbing a popcorn ball lol.

Unknown said...

My dog wanted to eat ours too...what is up with that?