Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Great minds think alike!

Well, apparently Gin and I were thinking along the same lines...we both created the same birds for each other just embellished them differently!! She creatively added tail feathers to my birdies using silk flower petals. I even considered that!! Great minds really do think alike!! :)

She also included some DELISH dark chocolate truffles (mmm-MM!), a spool of ribbon, a skein of Fun Fur (YAY! YARN!) and a dish towel that she appliqued a cardinal on...how cool is that?!?!

What an awesome way to make dishtowels!! So creative, it opens up a whole new world of crafting possibilities for me. I like it when my mind is stimulated with new craft ideas. Thank you Gin for such WONDERFUL goodies!! I can't wait to use the yarn. :D
Here's a pic of my birdie ornaments I made for her. I know she already blogged about them using her pics...HOWEVER...I wanted to let you all know that I did a Bird Swing Tutorial on my blog. (You can find it here). You can create little bird swings for all our little songbirds we received, or if you're a bird owner, well, maybe your little birdie wants a new swing too. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

how neat is THAT! I almost made them too but changed my mind b/c my partner likes paper goodies :-)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

How fun! I though about making the Spool birdie too. I guess it's a very popular pattern :)

Unknown said...

isnt that funny that you made the same birds...the cool thing is, we all could make them, and they all would look different.....

gin said...

I'm glad you liked all the goodies! The spool birdie is so fun and easy to make!