The 411 about YSS

Swaps are invitation only. If you are a newbie and want to join our group, please contact me. My email can be found on my blogger profile at my regular blog yarnigras! Or leave a comment here.

If you have swapped here before but were not invited to a swap, please contact me as I may have lost your email addy.


1. My swaps are meant to be a creative outlet and challenge but materials and shipping can add up so please budget $10- $20 per swap.

2. If a newbie wants join, he/she must be invited by a group member. The person who referred the newbie will be responsible for her during their first round.

3. Please don't cut corners. If you are too busy to be creative, don't swap this round.

4. Communication is key.

5. Please wrap your items so everything arrives clean & safe.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sing a Song....

......of zombie birds!

So Sarah and I were partners this round and we both picked the same nursery rhyme.

Here is what Sarah sent me



along with the bird on the pie, she included a bottle of buttons and ribbon that had a blackboard label.  She also send a cute bird cage cut out wrapped with some rick rack and bobble trim.  She added a cute mini gnome kit which I am thinking of zombifying!  Thank you Sarah!!!!

Here is her altered version of the rhyme...



And here is what I sent her..



I forgot to take a photo of the stuff I made before packaging it....I made a bottle full of eyeballs I showed in the sneak peek and other things to go with each verse, along with paper birds for scrap booking, a pie bird and pot pie recipe, the "nose" which wasn't that great looking (haha) along with some honey and Mardi Gras coins and beads for money and jewels.  I also included a copy of The Witch of Blackbird Pond because it had the word blackbird in it!  It didn't fit the rhyme but I think it is a great youth book and worth reading.

Here is my take on the rhyme, I put it on a scroll and attached it to the bird's beak.  By the way, the guts will spill out of his stomach, I crocheted them and crammed them in....as well as his brain, which is exposed.  I forgot to take an "aerial" shot!




Apparently, we both also like to bloodify our poems and packaging!!!!


7 comments:

Kerry said...

Awesome packages .... the rhymes are so clever too :-)

Kerry said...

Awesome packages .... the rhymes are so clever too :-)

A Little Creation said...

I love how his inside pieces will all fall out.
Chris =]

jillytacy said...

Great packages. I didn't think to bloody up the poem. That was a good idea!

Linda said...

Lovely and clever.

Debbie said...

What a great package!!!

AutumnWind said...

I LOVE that crow. Fantastic package, so creative :)