Monday, October 1, 2018

Come sail away

This was my first swap and my swap partner was Iara.

Let me start by saying that she went the extra mile by decorating the box. As you can see it was a feast for the eyes. It was a regular postbox that she covered with pattern paper, painted in a sea/ocean color scheme, & added stamped mermaid & fish skeletons!  So creative. I really didn't want to destroy it by opening it, however I NEEDED my zombie...lol.

Decoration on mailing box

Iara also took great care when wrapping the individual goodies. 



As for my zombie...My first job suggestion was a Sailor since my husband is retired Navy.

Here is the little seamen that made his way to me. Iara did such a great job. His sailor suit is very well made and she even put the buttons on his pants! <3

Sailor zombie and his sidekick zombie shark
Sadly he must not have been using his little spy glass (how cute) because a zombie shark snuck up and bit him, thus turning him into a zombie.


Included in the box were some tasty looking goodies & something I had never heard of...a pioneer pocket! What's that you ask...well so did I. Luckily Iara included an explanation:

"A note on "pioneer pockets" I ran across a pocket pattern in a book that explained that sewing pockets into dresses for pioneer women was a waste of precious fabric. Instead, one pocket was made for daily use to be worn around the waist. Of course, day wear and tear of this fanny pack predecessor means that very few survived to be passed down as heirlooms or found in dusty attics."


So not only did I receive a fantastic zombie duo & tasty snacks (chupa chupas = YUM), but I also learned something and received something I had never seen before! SCORE!

Thank you to Valerie for hosting and to Iara for all of the wonderful goodies!

Happy Halloween everyone!

:-) Jeanette

1 comment:

Clare said...

I love the sailor zombie . . . and his shark!
What a great doll!