Saturday, November 21, 2009

it's on its way!!

i got my package in the mail today....just in the nick of time! one thing i do know about my partner is that she loves vintage, a fact that i really wanted to cater to. alas, i stalled and stalled due to this fact and searched for just the right thing to bring that touch to my ornament. in the end, i went with what i know best and have my fingers crossed that she will love it despite it's *simpleness*. ;)
sneak peeks for ya!

truthfully, i really love the final product. this is the first time that i have made something for a swap and not made one for myself and i found it a bit hard to let him go!

the day before i shipped out i was making these beeswax ornaments. they are so fun and they smell divine! i included one to go with the little gnome and chocolates (oops! did i let that slip?!)

here's hoping you love your package, whoever you may be!! ;)

5 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

oh my, I can't wait to see everything......are you going to share with us a bees wax tutorial on those ornaments?...please?

momma rae said...

sure! i had been seeing them around blogland and had to make them for myself. they are SO easy! you just need some beeswax, your fave candy (or soap)molds (i got mine from michael's), and i used jute for the loop.

i first saw them here:
http://gardenmama.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/11/-a-tribute-to-the-bees-.html

and there are some nice tips here (and she used the same molds i had already purchased for this project!):
http://homemadeserenity.blogspot.com/2009/11/for-love-of-bees.html

have fun!!

Sherry said...

I can't wait to see everything!!

Sherry

Chickens in the Basement said...

Wow! I was getting ready to ask how you made the beeswax ornament and found the answer in the comments! How fun! Thanks for the links! I might have to copy!
Anna

Unknown said...

oh I want to make some beeswax ornaments....Great idea!!!!