Sunday, November 15, 2009

on its way!!!

I actually had planned on making an embroidered felt bird but then changed my mind and made something a bit more elaborate...a spinner!
It's too long for the tree...best to be hung from the ceiling...



here it is 'spinning' away...it actually kept spinning while I was taking the photos, making it difficult to take them!!!!

one side


and the other...


you can't tell from the photos, but I added little dots of glitter on the letters which is pretty in the light.


To round out her package, I added a true forest occupant...a chocolate lady bug and some hot cocoa goodies!

3 comments:

Real Life in Raleigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chickens in the Basement said...

Love the bird. Was it hard to make? Pretty and Yummy!

Doris Sturm said...

What a lovely spinner...I have never heard of such a thing before. I love it~!