Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I WAS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE ....

I loved this months challenge....
The idea of using banners to celebrate holidays was a new concept for me on moving to the US a couple of years ago. I liked them, but had never really given making one much thought ..... until the other day:-)

Here is what I came up with for an enchanted theme banner ..... I LOVE it:-) I made it using felt, jumbo ric rac and buttons.
In fact, I loved it so much, that I went ahead and made a Halloween themed one, to go in a Halloween Swap I'm taking part in. This is what this one looks like ...

I'm just as happy with this one -for this one I also used felt, as well as that trim with the pom pom's attached to it.

I can see many Christmas banners on the horizon!!! Thanks Val for encouraging us to do something new .... you'll never know, if you never try:-)

5 comments:

nattyj said...

I Love it Kerry - the Owl's are too cute on the end. You have me inspired now to make mine - now that I've got my package all ready to post to Michele I can concentrate on a garland!

Unknown said...

they are so cute Kerry....I love the owls and the ghosts...Banners are a fun and easy way to decorate......

val said...

oh my, those are both soooo cute!!! What a great job...

Shawnee said...

Breathtaking -- LOVE how adorable those turned out!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great job on bothy banners!