Friday, March 6, 2015

The Grinch, The Lorax, and Sneech .....

I'm not very familiar with Dr Seuss .... I guess his books just weren't very well known in South Africa. However, the movie industry has done much to enlighten me !!! I love movies like The Lorax ..... Horton Hears A Who ..... The Grinch ......primarily because, I find all of the color and cuteness in those movies extremely endearing :-)

When Val posted this months challenge, it got me thinking ....... and perusing Pinterest. I'm not sure how I landed on a board that showed Perler Beads, but I did, and Oh Boy, has it unleashed the monster in me !!!! My daughter and I have spent hours (and by that, I mean MANY hours) playing with those beads over the past few days ....... Thank you School District for 31/2 Snow Days over the past 2 weeks !!! The possibilities are endless, and I'm amazed at the number of people selling Perler Bead items on Etsy. They are tremendously addictive too.

So Perler Beads it was to be ........


I've needed some drink coasters in my "office" for a while now ....


I looked at a few blog posts on making coasters, and a number of them suggested backing them with cork, once the design had been ironed. I thought this was a great idea - it makes them non slip !!!

So there you have it ... my interpretation of Seussification :-)

4 comments:

jillytacy said...

Wow, your Seuss themed coasters are fabulous! We have a big bucket of Pearler beads but I never would have thought to do this. Great idea! Now I think you need a pearler bead zombie coaster for your collection. :)

A Little Creation said...

Nice!! I've been wanting to do a project with pearler beads. I think coasters it will be.
Chris =]

Yarni Gras! said...

What a neat project! I have a few things in mind.... Have to get moving on making something.

iara said...

these are really neat! I have a ton of Perler beads and boards. Coasters are a good idea for giving the kids' creations a more lasting life.