Saturday, September 29, 2018

Eye Doctor Sally has come for a visit!!!

So because my original partner was unable to continue Valerie very graciously volunteered to step in and partner with me.  Thank you so much Valerie.  And she outdid herself!!!  This is my first time in the swap so I didnt really know what to expect, but I was so tickled to see how she put together everything.

So a little background, I had a very very bad case of Shingles in April, it was on my face, head and got in my eye.  I was in bed for 3 weeks, I slept almost an entire week with a few wake ups a day for meds, and bread, I was very nauseated.  I ended up having early onset cataracts that were worsened by the meds and I had eye damage which cannot be repaired.  So I had to have eye surgerys over the course of 8 weeks.  So one of the professions I chose for the Zombie swap was an Eye Dr, since I had seen so much of mine lol!!!

So this is Eye Doctor Sally (created by Valerie)
The attached Caution letter reads:
Sally was an eye doctor but not a very good one.
She really just liked eyes, especially the blue ones
All her blue eyed patients seemed to lose an eye.
Which made the other doctors always wonder why?
I came upon her in the park one bright and sunny day.
And asked her why this happened....she had this to say:
Its really very simple (waving a piece of toast in her hand)
"California Blue Iris Jam is the BEST jam in the land!"

How cute is that....I have blue eyes and I live in California!!!!

The tuck ins also were very clever such as this Blue Iris (berry) Jam, along with the receipe:
The Skele-Fairy is so cute (I love this)
And Little Frankie the happy pin keep:
and who doesnt need a Zombified Worm Pen?
And a cute little pumpkin to make the scene complete:
Dr Sally and her crew have center stage in my Halloween Display this year:

This was so much fun!!  I hope to do it again.  I sent Valerie a Day of the Dead Girl Scout (which I had already started creating when the partner switch happened)  I ended up getting a girl scout doll on clearance (I was looking for the vest) and I altered her by sewing stitches in black, cutting of the legs and reattaching them crooked and not the same length.  Painted her face and added clothing and assessories I made.  Im glad that Valerie liked her!!  Here are a before and after Picture:

Happy Zombie Swap 2018!!!
Julie

2 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

I adore Rosa and am so glad you like your eye doctor! She was a lot of fun to make.....I hope you join us next year !

Clare said...

The best part of this swap is seeing all the different dolls! Love these!